What is a Thyroid Nodule?
posted: Nov. 11, 2022.
If you're like many Orland Park and Lemont, IL, residents, you may not know what a thyroid nodule neck mass is and how it may affect you. This problem means you could develop one without realizing it and get into serious health problems. Thankfully, our team at Century Ear, Nose & Throat, Head & Neck Surgery can help you better understand this problem.
What is a Thyroid Nodule?
A thyroid nodule is a lump in your thyroid gland located at the base of your neck. These nodules may be solid or filled with fluid and may not even cause any symptoms. Only a few of these nodules are dangerous or cancerous, though any nodule should be treated seriously by those who develop them.
Are There Symptoms to Watch?
If you think you have a thyroid nodule, you must watch for symptoms confirming this problem. There are many issues that you might develop if you have a neck mass related to your thyroid gland, including:
- Inflammation of the thyroid nodule in your neck that makes it easy to feel
- Swelling throughout your neck that feels painful
- Nervousness and increased sweating
- Occasionally heavily-pounding heart beats
- Shortness of breath or difficulty swallowing
- Tremors in your limbs without any real cause
- Potential increase or decrease in weight, depending on the situation
These common symptoms can help Orland Park and Lemont, IL diagnose a thyroid nodule neck mass and decide if they need treatment. Thankfully, our team at Century Ear, Nose & Throat fully understands this process and can ensure that you get the care you need.
When Should I Get Help?
A thyroid nodule isn't always a serious problem and is often something that you can leave alone without treatment. However, there are times when this problem should be taken seriously and get care. Talk to your doctor right away if you think you have a thyroid nodule and also experience:
- Trouble sleeping combined with a pounding heart
- Sudden weight loss when not even trying to lose weight
- Weakness in your muscles that makes it hard to live comfortably
- Nervousness or easy irritability that occurs for no reason
- Feeling cold and tired without any cause
- Dry skin combined with excessive thirst
- Memory problems and depression
Reach Out to Us Today to Learn More
If you're worried about a thyroid nodule neck mass in Orland Park and Lemont, IL, and want treatment, contact us today to learn more. Our team at Century Ear, Nose & Throat, Head & Neck Surgery fully understands this problem and can help you better grasp your treatment. When you call us at (708) 460-0007, we'll provide the inside information needed to manage this problem and work yourself back to full health.
This website includes materials that are protected by copyright, or other proprietary rights. Transmission or reproduction of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use, as defined in the copyright laws, requires the written permission of the copyright owners.